The reception desk is one of the most important pieces of furniture in an office, serving as the first point of contact for visitors or clients. Making a strong first impression as a client walks through the door is crucial, as it carries a positive image and fosters trust in your office. However, many new office owners don’t know how to build a reception desk and what factors to consider during the process. Here are some guidelines to help you build the right reception desk for your office.
Benefits of having a reception desk
- Looking professional: A modern reception desk can instantly uplift the appearance of your office. When someone walks in, it creates a welcoming look. Every client or visitor will perceive your company as professional and be impressed by the setup of your reception desk.
- Efficient storage: Reception desks have storage compartments built inside. So, employees get enough space to organize and store different items. This way, items, and other documents aren’t misplaced, and employees won’t have to waste time looking for items as they remain in one place.
- Better accessibility: A reception desk plays the role of a command center for interaction with different customers or clients. With documents and stationery items organized systematically for quick access, you can serve customers more efficiently and improve their satisfaction.
What should you consider before building a reception desk
Building a reception desk for the first time can be overwhelming if you are unfamiliar with the important factors to consider. Here are some primary factors you must consider before building a reception desk for your office.
- Size and shape: First things first, you need to determine how much space you’ll be allocating for your reception area. You wouldn’t want a reception desk so large that it doesn’t fit in your reception area or causes congestion. Also, you need to choose from different shapes like U-shape, straight, L-shaped, and spherical shapes that suit your purpose.
- Brand Image: A reception desk must reflect the brand image and prestige that your company holds at all times. Based on the type of business you have, expert interior designers at Rochester Office Interiors can suggest the perfect design and size for a reception desk that fits your brand guidelines.
- Features: Every office can have different purposes for the reception desk, and what functions you want in your reception desk changes according to that. So, when selecting a reception desk for your office, consider factors like ergonomics, storage options, space behind the desk, countertop space, etc. You can also ask receptionists who will be working at these desks for suggestions.
Why is Rochester Office Interiors the best destination for building a reception desk?
The key advantage Rochester Office Interiors offers is not only its extensive selection of products but also the deep expertise and thorough understanding of different business needs we bring to the table. More than a dozen furniture brands collaborate with us, offering a vast variety in budget, design, size, and aesthetics. No matter the type of reception desk you are in search of, you’ll find the perfect match at Rochester Office Interiors.
If you have further questions regarding our reception desk collection or want a quote, feel free to call us at (585) 749-2428 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. From delivery and installation to any additional services for your reception desk, Rochester Office Interiors is here to assist you every step of the way.
Building the right reception desk that matches your office size, interior, and brand image can be challenging. If you aim to create a welcoming and warm environment for your office, Rochester Office Interiors can help you with the highest quality products. Our wide selection of brands with reception desks will allow you to find the suitable one for any size and type of workspace.